CandyBar - iDisk icon won't stay changed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mac&cheesey, Apr 15, 2009.

1. mac&cheesey macrumors 6502

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have used CandyBar to change the icon for my iDisk. However I have run into some strangeness...

On the desktop, if I quit and then reconnect to the iDisk it will show the new icon for a moment and then change it back to the default purple drive with the cloud picture. yet, in the finder on the left hand side it shows the new icon. But at the top of the finder window it shows the default icon. WTF?

I have tried changing it in CandyBar several times but this is always the behaviour after the changes.

Thanks.

Here is an image of the problem...

Attached Files:

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Not sure what to tell yah but it DOES work. Mine has been changed for quite some time.

Attached Files:

3. mac&cheesey thread starter macrumors 6502

problem solved

I tried the permissions but couldn't change (or couldn't figure out how to change) the permissions of the iDisk. I logged in as the administrator to do so but could not change them in the info window.

What I did do though, was to open the info window on the iDisk, highlight the drive icon and "cut" it. It disappeared and the black icon I wanted was underneath. Not sure why this worked but hey, fine with me.

Posted for the aid of those who may encounter similar problems in the future.

m&c

4. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I meant to ask how you used Candy Bar to change the icon.

What I did was click on the first item in the left pane (the button that has the screen + trash can on it) and drag the icons I wanted from below to the top. Then applied and relogged.

Not sure if that's what you did. I find that using the 'quick drop' or copying/pasting from candy bar doesn't produced desired results 100% of the time.

5. skrutzen macrumors regular

I have the same issue. When I "get info" on my iDisk, the icon that I've chosen shows up but in the sidebar it' still the pink one. Very weird. It's annoying because I have a theme going for my disk icons and this just looks like poop next to them.

6. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON