Candybar made my dock dissapear

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Icanhelpyou, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Icanhelpyou macrumors newbie

So I was using candybar to edit some icons. Then while it was restarting the dock the application, i think, crashed. After that my dock was no more
    I have tried making another login but still the dock is missing I dont believe that anything got deleted idk. Also I opened candybar again and I pressed the button to make it restore all the changes is made. It completed the restore but my dock was still missing. Please any help would be great pllleleleeeeeeessssse

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Try this...

Go to Users>"Username">Library>Preferences and delete com.apple.dock.plist

Then restart

3. Icanhelpyou thread starter macrumors newbie

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Try this in the Terminal

- open /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app

5. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Another thing you can try, and is safe, is TinkerTool. It's free and has an option to restart the dock. I have used it before when I had issues with my dock quitting. It has other cool stuff too.

6. Icanhelpyou thread starter macrumors newbie

Am I supposed to type open as well cuz when i do it says it isn't a file or directory
    If I don't type open before it is says it is a directory what do I do now

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Sorry, but I am not at my Mac now, so maybe try redwarrior's suggestion above with TinkerTool

8. Icanhelpyou thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried to restart using candy bar should I try and restart using these programs

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

10. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Forgive me, but I see you are new, so I don't want to assume anything. You don't have it set to auto-hide, do you? :eek:

11. Icanhelpyou thread starter macrumors newbie

I've been using Mac for about 8 years. Yes, I' just joined Mac rumors but I know how to use a Mac. And I have been using the macrumors website for about a year I just decided to make an account since I finally had a problem

12. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Well, please let us know when you get this resolved. I wish I could be of more help. :)

13. Icanhelpyou thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your concern really
    I have came to the conclusion that it is hopeless. My cd drive on my laptop it not working so I couldn't update to leopard that way using a cd. So now am downloading snow leopard and I am going to in tall it using a flash. But downloading it is going to take a couple of days cuz my Internet is slow. My next question is that is downloading as a dmg do I have to convert it to an iso for it to be recognized as a cd if not I will just put is on the flash

14. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Downloading Snow Leopard is a discussion that is off limits for MacRumors, and you will not be able to receive any support for that. You will need to stay clear of that topic or risk having the thread closed.

From the Forum Rules:

However, it appears you are running Tiger?
    Exactly what Mac are you using and what system
    That might help some in resolving your problem
    I apologize for not asking that first :eek: