Candybar Won't Change Some Icons

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Archangel1596, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Archangel1596 macrumors newbie

I downloaded Candybar the other day and started changing icons around. I've changed icons before without Candybar, and it was fine, but I wanted a program that was easy to use. Problem is though, my applications, downloads, library, and developer icons won't change. I opened the iContainer and tried to change the icon manually by just doing Copy & Paste from the Get Info clickable. When I did so, it just showed a picture of an .icns file. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

2. iChrisG macrumors member

I recommend using LiteIcon. Google it, it's one great program!

Also, get icons from interfacelift.com

Have fun!

-Chris

3. Archangel1596 thread starter macrumors newbie

I used to use LiteIcon but didn't like that I had to individually change the icons. I have been using iconarchive.com to get icons lately, but will check your site out. I appreciate the help.

4. Rich B macrumors newbie

I have been changing icons manually by dragging to the "get info" box with same results. It only shows an icon of the format of the picture. Any ideas would be of help.

Thanks,

After a further search, I found the answer for my issue here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=574966&highlight=change+file+icon.

Perhaps that will help the OP also.