Candyshell flip and flaking

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Kelbidrome, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Kelbidrome macrumors newbie

Did Speck do anything about the flaking issue with the new candyshell flip or is it still the same?:confused:

2. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

I believe i read somewhere that they had fixed that issue.

3. Kelbidrome thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

I don't know about the flip, but i don't think they changed anything with the regular candyshell. The last revision to my knowledge was the flash fix. As soon as there is actual confirmation that they fixed the flaking, i will buy another one. The candyshell is by far my favorite case, but the flaking is awful.

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

If the material is the same that they use on the regular candyshell then the problem is not and won't be fixed honestly.

6. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Get out, who told you that?

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Nobody has told me. We've been complaining about flaking for how long now? Nothing has been done about it. I have a white Candyshell and it doesn't flake as bad as the other ones, but that's about as close we will get to perfection with these things. Either that or try the new Case-Mate Pop case which is their version of the Candyshell.

8. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

I would have to imagine that they are at least trying to fix it. They are probably losing a lot of money due to warranty replacements.

i bought a black candyshell when they first came out for the iphone 4. When they revised them i received a white candyshell for free. after a month it was flaking so bad i called and they sent me a Geometric for free (overnighted too). They made a mistake and sent me 2 Geo's (separate packages). i called and told them what had happened, not to mention that i didn't care for the Geo. They told me to keep the Geo's and sent me another candyshell for free (overnighted again). Their customer service is out-of-this-world good. They spent a ton on overnighting and 4 cases ($130 retail). I would think they see this as a pressing issue and are working on it. If not, then that is just bad business.

9. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

suppose i should have added /sarcasm tags