Candyshell for iPhone 4 - Issue Solved

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aelton, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Aelton macrumors regular

I bought a Speck Candyshell the day of the iPhone 4 launch, and shortly after noticed that when I would take pictures using the flash I would get a green/blue discoloration on most photos which was caused by the fact that the cutout for the camera/flash wasn't large enough.

I was at the AT&T store the other day and noticed there was a rev 2 of the case out now that had a larger cutout for the camera/flash. I threw my original receipt away, but decided to call Speck to see if they would offer a replacement. They simply had me take a pic of the old case then overnighted me a new one.

I wanted to bring it up here since I am sure others had the same problem with photo discoloration. Also because it seems rare that a company would stand behind their product in this way, even when I didn't have the receipt anymore.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

what issue was solved? the green blob or your refund/exchange.

3. Aelton thread starter macrumors regular

They fixed the issue with the hole size causing photo discoloration and sent me a new case for free. All issues resolved with no hassle.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

So do you still have photos with the green blob in the center?

5. Aelton thread starter macrumors regular

Nope, all good now.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I find that odd because I hate cases and I don't them, but I do have the green blob issues (only when I'm under florescent lighting). So as an experiment a few weeks ago, I removed the glass backplate from my iPhone and took some photos with flash, and without flash, and my problem didn't go away.

7. Aelton thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting. I was initially afraid that there was a problem with my phone, but as a test I took a pic with the case on and an identical pic with the case off and the problem didn't exist without the case.

You should take yours to an Apple Store if you live near one, I am sure they will replace it.

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I'm on my 3rd iPhone. All three have been factory new (returned, re-buy) and all have had the same proximity, mic, and camera issues. When I get a new phone, I try it out all day before I even bother to sync my phone with my computer to test out a factory new firmware, and no dice.

it doesn't really bother me that much because I don't take many photos indoor (mostly outdoor), but I do wish I didn't have this issue. The proximity sensor and mic really do bug me.

Surprising, the only issues I have yet to have is the antenna issues, that is flawless.