Candyshell or Apple silcone or leather case

richxps

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Any opinions on these 3 cases. They all look good but what would be the best or the smartest one to get

oVerboost

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
I've had the apple leather case but swapped it for the silicone one, it felt much nicer to hold and use with a soft rubbery type feel over the leather one which just didn't feel worth the price, and the silicone should not discolour as easily. The other issue I had was the leather one I had didn't seem to fit around the screen as well. Can't comment on the candyshell one though I'm afraid.

iLive an iLife

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2012
I bought a Speck CandyShell Grip the day I got my iPhone and tried the Apple leather case. I ended up taking the Apple case back. I hate how the bottom was left open and exposed. Personally, I favor the CandyShells. Only draw back is the scratch INCREDIBLY easy (which is why I went with the grip version - the grips protect the back of the case).

whsbuss

macrumors 68040
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I bought a Speck CandyShell Grip the day I got my iPhone and tried the Apple leather case. I ended up taking the Apple case back. I hate how the bottom was left open and exposed. Personally, I favor the CandyShells. Only draw back is the scratch INCREDIBLY easy (which is why I went with the grip version - the grips protect the back of the case).
I agree about the Speck cases. Although the non-grip candy shell cases scratch easily, they give more drop protection than the grip version.

ama0219

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Greensboro, NC
I bought a Speck Candyshell Grip for my 6 the day it was delivered. I like it a lot, but it is super hard to get on and off of the phone. I like to change cases too so I went and got the Apple leather case. It was already starting to come apart after 5 days of me babying it so I exchanged it for the Apple pink silicone case. I love it. Definitely should've got it to begin with. I'm sure I'll be switching back and forth between it and the Candyshell though.

whsbuss

macrumors 68040
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I bought a Speck Candyshell Grip for my 6 the day it was delivered. I like it a lot, but it is super hard to get on and off of the phone. I like to change cases too so I went and got the Apple leather case. It was already starting to come apart after 5 days of me babying it so I exchanged it for the Apple pink silicone case. I love it. Definitely should've got it to begin with. I'm sure I'll be switching back and forth between it and the Candyshell though.
My only issue with the Apple cases is they don't cover the entire bottom of the iPhone.

freechef

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2010
Leather. Love the premium feel. Love how leather ages, changes and gains character. Might not be everyone's cup of tea.

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
I just bought a speck candyshell case. I had one on my 5s and my 4s. Love the case. They are better made then the early ones. I love the candyshell cases.

James

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
My only issue with the Apple cases is they don't cover the entire bottom of the iPhone.
1. It allows all headphones, docks, and chargers to fit.

2. It is the only thing preventing an all black appearance, the stripe of metal looks great.

It's not a design flaw; it's a feature.

BJ

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2014
Any opinions on these 3 cases. They all look good but what would be the best or the smartest one to get
Candyshell for maximum protection, apple silicone if you want to keep thinness while still protecting. Leather is style only no protection

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.