Candyshell or Bumper?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nies, Aug 26, 2010.

1. nies macrumors 6502

I currently have a white bumper, but i wanna switch it up and go with a black look. Should i get the black bumper or the candyshell? Both look like a good choice to me.

2. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

Candyshell makes it noticably thicker...however, it offers great protection without add EXCESSIVE bulk.
    Bumper basically doesn't add anything.
    Your choice.

3. intervenient macrumors 6502a

I just returned my black CandyShell. I didn't care for it at first, but it really started to grow on me at the end. Tons of protection and I love that it doesn't scream "hey look! I'm a case! Yoohoo! Hey, I'm a case!". However, in the end, I decided it was a little too thick, and I love my Water Field suede sleeve. I'd definitely recommend the CandyShell over the bumper though.

4. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

Candyshell by far.....Awesome drop protection, doesn't add that much bulk and the buttons are very easy to press.

5. Uabcar macrumors 6502

I picked up the bat-wing color candyshell last weekend. After seeing it next to my i4 with the bumper on, I decided not to use it- at least all the time. It adds significantly to the phones dimensions. Additionally I didn't like the lack of a rubbery backside to keep it from sliding around in the car etc.

I boiled my bumper last week and then added a SPG leather skin over top of a wrapsol original back film (I kept the wrapsol on for added protection). The bumper now fits very snugly and I have no peeling- so I'm happy.

I will be keeping the candyshell though as I think I'll use it if I'm going hiking or some other risky activity. It really does add a lot of protection- no doubt about that.

6. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

7. nexedzero macrumors regular

nexedzero

8. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

+1

9. nies thread starter macrumors 6502

I really dont wanna add a lot of bulk though, how much bigger is the candyshell then the incipio ngp.

10. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

It practically doubles the thickness of the iPhone. I just bought a candyshell today and I'm returning it tomorrow. I'm going back to the bumper, I've had no problems with the bumper other than the scuffing. But I will put a piece of tissue paper or something inside the bumper so it won't scuff anymore.

11. nies thread starter macrumors 6502

can anyone tell me about a comparison between the candyshell and incipio ngp. pics maybe if possible

12. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I've had both. Had the candyshell, have the ngp (see my thread).

candyshell scratches too easily, and the rubber flakes. the revised version it's hard to hit the power button (not sure if it was just mine or all, but people with revised pixelskin hd's are having this issue so i think it's not just me)

the ngp is thinner and i think would hold up equally well with a drop honestly. it's a really nice tpu material.

Thumbs up for ngp. Candyshell was meh to me. And i've always liked CandyShell for 3g/3gs even though I never had one then.

13. Edking4 macrumors member

The new candyshell is very nice...but the scratching is a big downer. The ngps sides sit out a bit making the phone look kinda weird. Plus i think the shell looks better.