CandyShell vs Geometric/Pixelskin HD

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thadoggfather, Aug 22, 2010.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

which one would you rather have?

I had a CandyShell and returned because it was taking too long for the replacement to come. Got the Geometric because I'm getting PixelSKIN HD through the free case program.

Considering picking up a revised CandyShell at AT&T. Your thoughts?

2. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

I had a Candyshell for my 3G and it was the last case I bought for it. I now have a GeoMetric for my ip4 and a Pixelskin HD on the way. The feel and the material of the GeoMetric is far superior to the Candyshell in my opinion. It feels great in the hand and it looks fantastic also.

Conclusion: I'll be switching back and forth between the Geo and the HD when it arrives.

3. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

I had the first version of the Candyshell that had the flash issues. Speck offered to replace it for free when they revised it, but I got tired of waiting so I had them send me the Geometric.

I love the Geometric. It just feels perfect in the hand. I keep trying new cases...but keep coming back to the Geometric. I do have an Otterbox Commuter on order...but will most likely only use that when I am hiking and such.

Geometric is a fantastic...and simple case.

Steve

4. awtryau89 macrumors regular

I had the Candy Shell and a Geometric. It was the revised Candy Shell and I loved it. It is probably my favorite case overall. I ended up taking it back though because of 2 issues, fingerprints and scratches. I just cant take the scratching. I wish they would make the Candy Shell in a matte finish. I have emailed and asked. They did reply and stated they were not planning on doing that and one of the unique features of the Shell was its glossy finish. I just received the Otterbox Commuter and now the Geometric is going back. The OB has a few issues but overall it is my favorite because of it having the least objectionable issues for my tastes.

5. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

Where'd you get the commuter from? Why do you like it over the Geometric?

I tried the revised candyshell, and I don't like it. Made it hard to push the lock button, the rubber still flakes, and seems prone to scratches and fingerprints as mentioned before. I had the first on on launch and returned that.

Completely over CandyShell. Back to Geometric unless I find something cooler.

6. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Going to be hard to. The GeoMetric is pretty awesome. My set up is a GeoMetric most of the time, Apple Bumper + SGP Carbon backing when I eventually feel like using it, and I just ordered myself an OtterBox Defender for when I feel like I need it. My chick and I go to concerts a lot and I'd feel a lot better pulling the phone out in the pit with a defender on it instead of having her hold it on the side lines for me. :)

7. awtryau89 macrumors regular

Ordered the Commuter from Otterbox this week and had it in 2 days. The Commuter is just a much more substantial case. It does not add much more bulk either. The Candy Shell and the Commuter are almost identical in size. Compared to the Geometric height wise, they are nearly identical. It does ad some width though. I really like the cut out on the back to show the Apple logo. I have a BSE on the back and do not worry about the opening. I had a Commuter on my 3GS for most of its life. It will survive almost any drop. It is 95% of the Defender with 30% of its bulk.

8. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

curious about the GEO, i have a revised Candy on order/replacement. i like them but yeah they scratch to hell. the one I have now looks like its been dragged through gravel. pretty bad. also the silicone is rubbing off like a pencil eraser. not sure if they fixed that?

i'm wondering if i should email them and ask for the GEO instead.

9. Edking4 macrumors member

I must say i own the ps hd and the revised candy shell and i prefer the new candy shell. All of the issues are fixed in the new revision except the scratching of the back...they do ship the case with a protector on the back but it covers the camera lens...so i left mine on for a bit and it still looks pretty good. The protection and style make this case awesome.