Candyshell vs Rebeltouch vs Torrent

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Swimguy, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Swimguy macrumors newbie

Hi, it's my first post here!

I'm looking for a new case for my iPod Touch, and I'm stuck between three cases-the Switcheasy Rebel and Torrent, and the Speck Candyshell.

I really like the Rebel because it comes with all of the stuff, and you get two screen protectors that people say are really good, and it looks really cool. But people have been having lots of problems with the Rebel, and I though the Torrent looked really nice too.

But I've read that the Candyshell is better, and I love the color, and how it has the two layers which would make for great shock protection.

Which one should I get?

Thanks!

2. Relg3! macrumors regular

Relg3!

The rebel touch DOESNT have problems(at least mine doesnt)
    The onlyy problems may be when you take off the membrame and you just pry it,it does screw up the silicone.
    The rebel is a slimmer case oppose to the candyshell(i own both)
    Though I feel the candyshell is a little bit of a heavy duty case because I feel safe with either case but prefer the slimmer design of the Rebel (I still do put on the CandyShell every now and then)
    And you do get ALOT of accessories with the Rebel.
    Sorry cant note on the Torrent

3. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

No Candyshell. The bottom piece for the dock breaks easily.

4. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

I had a Speck Candyshell for my iPad, and I have to say it was very glossy and therefore slippery. I returned it. They were cool about it. I just felt like the iPad was going to fall out of my hands. The only saving grace was the front part that goes over the glass is rubberized, so that provided some grip. But in the end I felt it wasn't enough and I switched to the Otterbox Commuter.

5. Swimguy thread starter macrumors newbie

The Torrent is out now. But the reason why I posted this thread is that I would straight out buy the Rebel, but I feel like if I did, I would still REALLY want the Candyshell. I would buy both, but I'm not allowed to.

Also, is it true that the black rubber on the Rebel is tighter? Because if it is true, then I'll get the celestial instead of the devil if I get the Rebel.

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

As I said in another thread, my brother has the blue candyshell and I have a black one (or used to, getting a PixelSkin HD for my iPhone 4) for my 3GS. Great case.

7. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Im not sure. I wouldnt think so, but you could email switcheasy about it.

8. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

9. iLike2Touch macrumors member

None of the above, Incase Slider. ;)

I owned the Candyshell, it is the most over-rated case in the world. People give it awesome reviews but I think it is a piece of bull ****. The front part snapped in less than a month and the back got scratched in less that a week. :mad: I know a that a case is suppose to be scratched but the amount is horrifying for the Candyshell.

The Incase Slider on the other hand is perfect. The case stays on and won't come off unless you want it to. The front part won't snap and doesn't "flex" so it actually protects the front chrome. The back doesn't scratch as much and is smooth and shiny! I've had the slider on for a few months now (without taking it off) and the case itself is like brand new... still! :D

I have no comment on the Switcheasy products as Switcheasy doesn't ship to Canada :( Sad eh? :(

10. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

It says it's a soft rubbery inside....
    I don't like the Candyshell. At all. I think the concept is okay, but it isn't worth $35.

The Incase Slider is also $35, but I've no comment on anything else.

I like Switcheasy, and if they don't ship to you, buy from an eBay seller. They are high quality, with accessories, and for a great price. I would suggest the RebelTouch.