Cannnot redownload Xcode 4.2

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Buckeyes1995, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Buckeyes1995 macrumors member

Not exactly 'programming', but figured this would be the best place.

I upgraded to Xcode 4.2 last night. Tonight, I swapped out a drive in my Mac and reinstalled Lion. App store is showing Xcode as purchased (I still have the "old" drive) in the system.. I uninstalled Xcode, and still shows as purchased. I happened to have the 4.1 Xcode Installer handy, so I installed that.. App Store says no upgrades available. The 'ALT' trick while clicking on Purchased does not let me redownload 4.2.

Any ideas?

2. jiminaus macrumors 65816

jiminaus

Try deleting all copies of the Install XCode application that are hanging around previous downloads of XCode via the Mac App Store. Don't forget to empty your trash as well.

3. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

I tried doing that too, and I was totally irritated. The only thing how I solved it, was running the bash script in the Developer tools, --remove-installer or something. But, that didn't help it really. the thing was, if you open the Launch pad, the Install Xcode is still there, and it overrun the "insatllation" "existing", hope it helps.

4. Buckeyes1995 thread starter macrumors member

Bah! That was it. There was an old Install Xcode app in an old installation attached to an external drive.. removed it and now I can install.

thanks!

5. brk108 macrumors newbie

xcode 4.2 installation help

Hi All,

I have a doubt in updating xcode 4.2 please help.

In my mac i have already xcode 4.1 now i want to upgrade to xcode 4.2 so before doing that shall I remove all the older versions of xcode ?

Please help me in this regard..

I have mac OSX Lion installed 10.7.2

6. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Yeah, remove everything (exept your projects), but check out for the installs, back that up on another disk (and don't keep them attached), then try updating :)

7. Dman90 macrumors newbie

I had the same problem.

All i did was run 'Install Xcode' from the applications folder and it updated itself.

Dman.

8. pegburke4 macrumors newbie

You guys are fabulous!

I was having the same problem today, and you guys solved it for me. Thanks!