Cannot access Adobe.com

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by grastafaram, Apr 1, 2013.

1. grastafaram macrumors member

Hi, I am unable to access Adobe.com to update my flashplayer using both firefox and safari. I have searched for this topic in the forums and read the other posts, however, I cannot seem to fix the problem. I read in another post:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1394369&highlight=adobe+com

that the problem may be because I have pirated Adobe software on my computer, and that the host file may be corrupted. It recommended opening the /etc/hosts file in text edit to check. So I did a search for /etc/hosts in the finder and the installation instructions for the pirated Adobe photoshop popped up. They apparently included changes to the host file, amongst other things, that I guess I did when I installed it. The problem is that I don't know how to fix any of this. I already uninstalled photoshop, but that didn't change anything. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

My best recommendation is to fully delete the pirated app and possibly do a clean install. Pirated software is a common vector for introducing malware to your computer, and avoiding such apps is a basic step in practicing safe computing.