Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdarty11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
I am fairly new to OSX and am probably missing something very simple... We have 2 Mac's (one running 10.5.2 and the other is 10.3.9) I cannot seem to access the "desktop" folder on the Mac that is running 10.3.9 from the 10.5.2 machine. I created a user account on each machine and each user has admin rights. However, when I login there is a red line through the desktop folder of the machine I am logging in to (the 10.3.9 machine) File sharing is also enabled on both of these machines. Any help or nudge in the right direction would be much appreciated! :D

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
When you log into the 10.3.9 machine remotely you need to use the user/pass from that machine.

Is it only the desktop folder you can't get to or also the Documents, Music, etc. folders?

jdarty11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
Yes, I am using the username/password that I created on the 10.3.9 machine to remote to it. (which has admin priv) And yes it is the only folder that I cannot get to. I can drop anything into the Hard Drive... the only folder I cannot get to is the "desktop" folder. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.