Cannot access email where confirmation was sent - Do I need it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HXGuy, Oct 7, 2011.

1. HXGuy macrumors 68000

I ordered through the AT&T Upgrader app on my phone last night and it would not let me change the confirmation email which happens to be an old one that I no longer have access to (old @cox.net account).

I did get a confirmation number on the last step of the order and the order shows up in "My Orders" when I log in online...so I'm thinking I'm good, right? There wasn't some sort of email sent out where I needed to follow additional steps?

2. djjclark macrumors regular

my follow up email included a activation code for AT&T.

3. HXGuy thread starter macrumors 68000

Activation code? And where do you enter this code?

4. Starbuckpga macrumors regular

I think he's messing with you. I don't believe you need the email unless you want to check the status of your email. If you have questions, or want to check on the status of your order, just call AT&T directly and they will tell you everything you need to know over the phone. I would however call them today to get your order number and ensure the order is processing.

Although I received my email from Apple, there was nothing in the email that I needed other than my order number and a link to check the status of the order.

5. HXGuy thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for the reply.

I actually have the order number since it was the last "step" in the ordering processs...and I can also log into my ATT account online and go to "My Orders" and it shows the order there. Should be good to go. :)

6. djjclark macrumors regular

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for your purchase from the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Your iPhone has been reserved and is expected to be delivered on Oct 14, 2011.

Your order may be subject to AT&T eligibility and credit requirements. If we have any questions about your eligibility or your order, we will contact you via email.

You can view the status of your order on AT&T Premier Online Store at any time.

Reference Web Order Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx10

Your order contains items that are not yet available for shipping. When the pre-ordered items are available, we'll ship all items in your order at the same time.

Once you have received your wireless device, you can activate it online by following these steps:

Click the registration link https://www.wireless.att.com/ActivationOnlineDispatch.dyn?token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OR

Click this link or copy and paste it into your browser: http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/activations/

Follow the prompts on the screen and enter the following numbers:

Order Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx10
    Activation Number: xxxxxxxxxxx

Note: Be sure to retain this information—it is required for online activation. Do not attempt to activate your device until you have received it.