Cannot access fields in disk utility when trying to partition

Discussion in 'macOS' started by stainedglassd, Apr 13, 2010.

1. stainedglassd macrumors newbie

First off I am new to Mac's and I am trying to repartition my harddrive. i did it once before and was successful and when i tried to adjust the size, windows kept getting errors.

On the advice of my friend he told me to completely wipe out my machine and reinstall Mac OS 10.4. I have since reinstalled SL 10.4 and downloaded bootcamp. However, I do not see a boot icon in my applications or utilities folder, but I do see a disk utilities icon.

When I click that and click the only hard drive that is there and try and partition it, the slide bar will not work for me to divide the hard drive into the size i want and none of the fields or dropdown boxes will work. Please help!
    Thanks

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Which Mac OS X and what Boot Camp version do you have?

Mac OS X 10.4 is called Tiger, 10.5 is Leopard and 10.6 is Snow Leopard (SL).

Have you found Boot Camp Assistant via Spotlight maybe?

3. stainedglassd thread starter macrumors newbie

MAC OS X

how do i access spotlight, thanks!

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

CMD+Space or click on the little blue loupe icon on the top right. [​IMG]

As you still use Tiger, Boot Camp will not work though as the Tiger version expired at the end of the year 2007. Also the updates you can download will only work for Mac OS X 10.5.x (Boot Camp version 2.x) and 10.6.x (BC version 3.x).

Maybe http://mroogle.*************/MRoogle.gif can help you find more specific threads, as that issue might come up every once in a while.