Cannot access internet on windows 7 (bootcamp)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tirexstorm, Sep 9, 2010.

1. tirexstorm macrumors regular

I recently set up a new wifi network in my apartment (same routers, new network names and passwords) and everything is working well with my iPhone, macbook, and iMac (when in OSX.) But when I boot into Windows 7 it is telling me that I cannot access the internet. It says that I am connected to the network, and when I click on the red warning X to troubleshoot the advice that it gives is to restart my modem and router.

Any suggestions? I am not very Windows saavy.

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

Have you got any security software installed on your computer that might be conflicting with the network setup of your Windows 7?

3. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

Also, have you tried installing the latest Boot Camp drivers to see if that will resolve it? You can download them separately from Apple's website on your OS X partition.

4. Baby Mac macrumors regular

Baby Mac

Grannyville7989's suggestions are spot-on. You may have to disable your firewall to set up the network access to your router, if you access the Internet wirelessly via your router. Also, in the Windows notification area, click on the network icon and make sure your computer is connected to your router and not your neighbor's.