Cannot activate EDGE

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Natalia81, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Natalia81 macrumors regular

All of a sudden I'm getting "Could not activate EDGE" message when trying to use EDGE. The EDGE icon is showing at the top like it's connected. I've restarted my phone using just the hold button and also the hard reset. And it still doesn't work. It was working 5 minutes before I started getting this message.

Is this an AT&T thing or my phone?

2. mdzwolf macrumors member

I am getting the same message and I already tried turning my phone off and then back on.

3. weezer4272 macrumors newbie

I'm getting the same behavior, I even got the can't recognize SIM message this morning while leaving for work. A hard reset fixed that, but as I type an email just sent from my phone so I guess EDGE is back on.?.

4. mattcleary macrumors newbie

5. weezer4272 macrumors newbie

Nevermind, I'm still getting the can't activate EDGE message when I try to check my mail, must have been lucky for a minute before...

6. Natalia81 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok...I am back in business!

I did a hard reset and pop the SIM out. Then put it back in and restarted. I still got the message the first time connecting to mail. Then a minute later it connected. It may have just been coincidence that it came back on (nothing to do with the SIM). Maybe some network issues.

7. tshed4041 macrumors newbie

8. Natalia81 thread starter macrumors regular

9. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

called cingular, says there's a large nation wide outage..mine seems to be back up now tho

10. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Yeah, I was trying to use mine over lunch (an hour ago) and it wasn't working at all. I hope they've fixed everything.

11. Resevdog macrumors regular

Chicago

Down. Seems like a rolling restart of some sort...

EDIT: And it's back...sort of. Sooo slow (even more than usual)

12. thisonechance macrumors regular

I would love to check, but I get zero signal in the building here at work.

I am all for speed boosts and system stability improvements as this is no doubt for. How about a signal boost, ATT?

13. Antaios macrumors regular

ur trusty att rep here... edge was down for all phones today... sucked, but everyone should be ok now...

-posted from my wii.