Cannot activate iMessage or FaceTime

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Toltepeceno, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

Is this something because it's still not released yet? Is it happening to others, or just me?

Both say waiting for activation. After a long period of time they say could not activate, try again (something to that effect). It's been that way for several days.

In before someone says "It's a beta". Yes, I know that.....well sort of. It's the version released to dev's as final.

2. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

I haven't been able to get my phone number activated either. But I chocked that up to me being on an "un-supported network".

3. Toltepeceno thread starter Suspended

Toltepeceno

Ah, so only some networks are supported until wednesday?

4. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

I'm sorry, but what I meant is that my cellular provider isn't an official Apple partner.

5. Toltepeceno thread starter Suspended

Toltepeceno

OK, got it. Mine sells iphones and I had imessage and facetime activated immediately on ios7. I don't know if that means they are an official partner or not, but I do know they were working before. I've tried all of the tricks on the internet and youtube, plus doing a fresh install (several times).

6. Purex macrumors member

I got mine activated sending an SMS to +44 7786 205094 ( international) with the text Act1vate - Then i restarted and it worked. I Was charged for that SMS.

7. Toltepeceno, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014

Toltepeceno thread starter Suspended

Toltepeceno

Thanks, worth a try.

Damn, can't text to there.

8. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

Didn't work for me.

9. Toltepeceno thread starter Suspended

Toltepeceno

10. Toltepeceno thread starter Suspended

Toltepeceno

Just thought I would post back what I think it was.

Edit: Ah, damn. They appeared to activate but when I opened the facetime app it wants to activate there now. Guess it's not fixed as it fails. False alarm, not over yet.

Applecare was a pain.

Applecare for mexico is in the us, you call a mexican toll free number, but they have no idea you are in mexico or how to call you back at as mexican number. That part is important as I was disconnected twice and the upper tier tech said that was the reason I never got called back. I did tell all of them I was in ;mexico and it was a mexican number.

Anyway. I called the first phase. I gave all of the info and got a case number. She switched me to the tech who answered and immediately cut me off. No call back.

I called in and got the first phase again. She refused to look up my info from my case number so I had to go through it all again. She switched me to a tech that did all kind of stuff and after quite a while said she had to confer with an upper level tech. I held about 15 minutes to horrible music, sounded like clicking like she was coming back and I got cut off. No call back.

I called in and got the first phase again and had to go through it all again. I got switched to a tech and had to go through it all again. I finally made it to the upper tech and he figured out the non verified email but cound not figure out any farther. He said leave it trying to activate for 24 hours and someone will call me tomorrow.

I just happened to re install the os and try the us to see and it worked. It did not do it before as I re installed a bunch of times and tried the us, must have been that and the email for whatever reason.

I will call now and leave him a message saying it's fixed, to close the case. So far though the only difference I can tell in apple and dell's service is ....well, nothing.

11. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

I had this problem Wednesday and Thursday, but today early in the morning try it one more time and it got activated, give a try.

12. Toltepeceno thread starter Suspended

Toltepeceno

Right now imessages is activated. Yay! Facetime still says waiting for activation and when I open facetime app it has the page that says facetime and asks what would you like to use (phone number, email addresses). When I press next it tries to verify but comes back with "FACETIME ACTIVATION unable to contact the facetime server. Try again" It does that constantly.

I will keep trying.

13. Toltepeceno, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

Toltepeceno thread starter Suspended

Toltepeceno

Now they are both not working again. This is a pathethic way to activate this crap, text messages from here to england are not free or cheap either so it has chewed through my time twice. I'm getting pretty fed up with apple.