Cannot activate Touch ID...

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Cobra611, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Cobra611 macrumors regular

Cobra611

I'm sorry for asking, because if did do a search for my specific problem and and wasn't able to find anything. My niece just got her 5s earlier today and and we have been unsuccessful to even add a fingerprint. When we go in to settings, add pass code and try to add fingerprint, the "add fingerprint" is grayed out and not blue, so we cannot move forward. What the heck are we doing wrong?!?!

Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Best regards!

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

If a reset doesn't fix it, it might ba bad hardware. Saw another post here with the same issue.

But they couldn't even get to the add print part.

If you can't get it working and you're near an Apple store, make an appointment - they often have reserve inventory for replacements. Good luck!

3. Cobra611 thread starter macrumors regular

Cobra611

Thank you. Yeah, we've been doing several complete restores with no luck. In fact, in we're not even getting the "add fingerprint" option. As we have the time tonight, we'll just keep plugging along at it and will probably wind up at Apple in the next few days.

Thanks again!

4. cmichaelb, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013

cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

If you go under settings, general, about, what version of iOS is the phone running? You need to be running 7.0.2.

5. Cobra611 thread starter macrumors regular

Cobra611