Cannot Activate Your iPad Error on new Verizon iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chuckm1020, May 21, 2012.

1. chuckm1020 macrumors regular

*"Cannot Activate Your iPad
    Your Device cannot be activated.
    Please visit your nearest Verizon Wireless store or
    call customer service at 800-786-8419."

So I bought a new Verizon lte iPad yesterday. When going in to view account to set one up I get this message. Then I try to reset network settings. Then I reprovisioned account, I even did a dfu. Same thing. Didn't work. I then noticed a big piece of dust or something under my glass. So I took it back to apple today and exchanged it. The new one says the same error. I've never had a 3G or 4g iPad before, so I've never had an account with them. I have not had a chance to call yet. Since its passed there business hours. But what's the deal. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

2. WaltCD macrumors member

I have the same problem: New iPad, cannot be activated. Other errors include "You are out of data on you data plan" do you want to order more now or later?
    "Your cellular plan has been updated"

Walt D in LV

3. ScottW1 macrumors regular

Same

Same thing happened to me yesterday trying to help a relative setup her two-month old "new iPad" that has never had any cellular service before.

After the initial account setup, credit card info, and purchase submittal -- started getting various error messages (all the ones posted by WaltCD, plus one saying "already active on a plan that cannot be managed from this device". The iPad was showing a "cellular data number" in "Settings, General, About" and showed "4bars Verizon LTE" at top left, but there was never any cellular connectivity.

Finally gave up and called Verizon at 1-800-786-8419. I was on hold for over 40 minutes, but when I finally got a representative he was very knowledgable and helpful.

Took about 20 minutes working with the representative. He said the problem was in Verizon's system; that the account had been partially setup then something failed -- and that it happens a lot. He had to mess with the account, reset the password, have me logon with a temp password, change the password again, then then just "look at and save" the data plan selection again.

After that, everything started working just fine. Cellular data is working (LTE is fast!), and she can login successfully through "settings, cellular, view account" to see status and manage the account.