Cannot add playlists on Apple Music

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by ohenriquez, Jul 1, 2015.

1. ohenriquez, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015

ohenriquez macrumors member

ohenriquez

Dear Members

I am unable to add new playlists or songs to my pre existing curated lists on iTunes and I wonder whether it won't be possible to add new songs (ripped from my CDs or bought elsewhere for instance)
    I disabled Music cloud because I don't want to stream everything and prefer to have my music stored in my different devices and play them like I used to (due bad internet connection)
    I thought that the new Apple Music would allow to sync, add new songs in the traditional way plus streaming new music (and store some new ones off line like Spotify)
    When I try to add new music that I discover, it says that I have to activate iCloud Music Library, but the problem is that if I activate this, my entire music collection disappears as it is now and would only become available for streaming

Perhaps is quite late and I got very confused with the new app

I have been iTunes user for many years and find this not straightforward

Thanks for your help

Omar

2. salanddaz macrumors member

I'm sure when I activated iCloud music library it gave me the option to merge or replace. By selecting merge I think it keeps your music on your phone and then adds to it rather than replacing it and making everything stored in iCloud.

For example I clicked merge and all my music has remained on my phone and I can create new playlists and add to existing from Apple Music

3. ohenriquez thread starter macrumors member

ohenriquez

4. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

You don't have to stream Apple Misic either - you can download it to your device to play when you don't have a connection

5. ohenriquez thread starter macrumors member

ohenriquez

I chose merging option but when I click on iPhone (like I used to do for syncing) I can see only "iCloud music is on"
    I will keep trying but I wonder whether any person knows
    The only way I can sync playlists like I used to do is by deactivating iCould music, but then I cannot add music from Radio, or "For You" to my standard playlists

For Mar Rumours.png

6. ohenriquez thread starter macrumors member

ohenriquez

After few hours I have given up. Will try to go back with previous way of organising my music