Cannot Add to My Music

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by tdroz73, Jul 1, 2015.

1. tdroz73 macrumors newbie

This is driving me absolutely nuts - I've seen other people have mentioned the following issue, but don't have a clear cut resolution.

Here's the situation:

I was a previous iTunes Match subscriber - and had hit the 25k limit.

I setup a family plan for Apple Music. So far so good - I can stream any music from that service w/o issue.

However, I cannot hit the + button to add any new music to 'My Music'.

Two different behaviors:

1. On the iDevices - it tells me it was added and I see a checkmark. But then the checkmark returns to a + in a few seconds. Cannot find the item in My Music
    2. On iTunes (12.2 - on Yosemite and El Capitan) - I click the + to add, but then nothing happens. Sometimes I get the icon of the cloud with a 'disconnect' icon in it. Clicking the cloud to reconnect seems to make things happy. But flipping over to My Music - no new music. :|

I've tried resetting the iCloud Library settings - make sure its on Merge, etc. But to no avail.

On my daughter's iDevices, she is able to add new music all day long. But her account was never tied to my iTunes Match acct.

So I'm suspecting its a bug/feature with iTunes Match and perhaps I'm SOL until the limit is raised to 100k. Perhaps Apple doesn't count music from Apple Music as being from 'iTunes Store' and thus doesn't let you add it?

I am at my wits end - has anyone run into this, and more importantly figured out how to get things working?

2. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I was having the same issue in iTunes. It seems to be adding to my music on the iOS app however. So far Apple Music is very very buggy. I have been having all kinds of issues which I find to be extremely disappointing. I had very high expectations for this service.