Cannot Adjust Brightness

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by dzarc, Jul 20, 2018.

1. dzarc macrumors newbie

I have a brand new 2018 MacBook Pro 15 inch and I downloaded macOS Mojave. For some reason, brightness is still at full. When I try to adjust it, the bars tick down but brightness does not change. After exiting the brightness adjustment and going back in, it shows the brightness as full again. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I've tried resetting SMC, NVRAM, and PRAM and nothing did the trick. Please help!

2. GonzMac macrumors newbie

GonzMac

It's definitely has to due with macOS Mojave. I just bought a 2018 15" Pro as well and I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm trying to downgrade to High Sierra which is now seemingly impossible. I used my iMac to download High Sierra from the Mac App Store and created a bootable external hard drive to try and reinstall High Sierra. I tried booting from the external HD to begin the install and I get a circle with a cross in it (almost like a stop sign). I've tried the recovery tool and the MacBook Pro ends up just looping thru the recovery process but never installs High Sierra. Anyone have any suggestions?

3. MoerBoer macrumors member

One should never install a beta on your main machine, you are looking for trouble.

There's a reason why it's called a beta. You will find bugs, issues and machine stopping errors.

4. Rhinoevans macrumors 6502

5. phato777 macrumors newbie

phato777

It's a known issue on the new 2018 Macbook Pros and Mojave beta 4. It's in the release notes. Also, external display support is broken. You can get it back to full brightness by resetting PRAM https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

6. Jreinhal macrumors newbie

Jreinhal

Install Brightness Slider from the App Store. It's free and will temporarily fix your issue.