Cannot "auto" connect to Wireless Internet after Mac is 'off' or 'sleep'

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by eRoll, Nov 26, 2008.

1. eRoll macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,
    I bought my Macbook in Aug08. I am using a Netgear Wireless router.
    When I first set up my wireless network on my mac everything worked smoothly. When I closed the lid to the mac, it would go to sleep. When I re-opened it, after a few seconds it would recognize my network and connect to it no problem. The same thing worked fine when turning off and back on the Mac.

About a month later, our internet at my apt. complex went out for a few hours. When it came back on, the Mac wouldn't automatically connect to the network as before. I reset the netgear router twice, once with airport on, second with airport off.
    Since the internet outage the Mac never 'automatically' connects to the network as before. After it goes to sleep, or from startup, I get an error message "An Error Occurred while trying to join "eNetwork". Please try again. I then start Safari, click "network diagnostics", pick "eNetwork", type in my password, click the box to remember the password, and then my internet works.

I have to do that everytime I close the lid or turn the mac off. I am not sure if it's the Mac or the network. I also have a iTouch connected to the network and every time I turn the touch on, after a few seconds it gets the wireless signal perfectly... which leads me to believe it is not the network.

any suggestions?

Sorry for the lengthy post, just wanted to give as much info as possible to prevent a lot of questions.

Thanks,
    eRoll

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

I would go to System Preferences-->Network and delete the Airport and then add it again and see if that helps.
    Feel free to email me at tman444z@gmail.com with any questions.

Attached Files: