Cannot boot into my mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Qutam, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Qutam macrumors newbie

I've had my macbook pro for a little more than two years. Starting some weeks ago I would occassionally get to the screen seen in the the image below when booting up my mac. After a few restarts I would normally be able to log into my computer and use it for some time. Often the computer would then crash after some time creating some weird artifacts on the screen thereby freezing the computer and making it unusable. I would then have to shut down with a press on the start-up bottun.

After some time restarting the computer like this did not work so now I am constantly stuck at this screen when I reboot my computer. I've tried booting into windows as well as booting into a live cd containing ubuntu linux, but trying to do this just makes the computer restart by itself.

Does anyone know what's going on, and what I can do about it?

By the way. Sorry about the glare on the image, but I didn't know how to turn of the flash. Also notice how the background seems to be built up of different colored lines. That's not right is it?

Attached Files:

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What you experience is a Kernel Panic: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1392

Do you still have warranty?

What might be the cause of this, is that your graphics card is failing, and some MBP models had faulty Nvidia chips, and yours might have one.

Contact Apple and see what they can do.