Cannot boot into OSX after Windows install, startup keys do not work

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by seubjoh, Mar 23, 2011.

1. seubjoh macrumors newbie

So I have a 2009 Mac Mini which I installed boot camp on and a windows 7 buisness 32 bit installation. It now only boots into that operating system. Holding down the x,c,alt/option keys at start up do nothing. The only thing it seems to respond to is the mouse to eject a disk. This probably means I have a bad keyboard but I typed this entire post with it and I don't have another keyboard in the house to test the theory with (except PS/2 inputs).

Any thoughts? Unfortunately I just brought this mac mini from school and left all my disks there so it might just be I didnt finish the boot camp install in windows, is there any way to get around this?

Thanks!

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

If you have the bootcamp utility installed, you should be able to start OS X from there.

3. seubjoh thread starter macrumors newbie

i do not unfortunately, how do i get this installed? is there a way without the disks?

4. njaremka macrumors 6502

you "should" be able to download it from the apple support website, but you'll have to search it out.

5. seubjoh thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya Im having trouble finding a base install thats not an update. Any help? Thanks for the speedy responses guys I appreciate it

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

There was a recent thread where someone posted the XML link to two full copies of the drivers. You may be able to pull the drivers out of one of those packages. (LINK: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=892725)

Do you happen to have an Apple remote? You can bring up the boot loader by holding play during boot.

EDIT: 7-zip can get you into a pkg file.

B

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

8. seubjoh thread starter macrumors newbie

I think im just going to borrow a snow leopard disk from a friend and install it that way. Just curious though, when I had my own copy in my disk drive my windows pc wouldnt recognize it, how am I supposed to install boot camp off it?

9. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Was it an original disk or a burned copy? As per the thread I linked the drivers are in their own session on the disc and if you don't explicitly copy it you ain't got it.

B

10. seubjoh thread starter macrumors newbie

It was an original disk. The problem with your thread though is that I cannot get into my mac osx partition, im currently stuck on the windows side. At this point all I want to do is get back into the mac side and delete my windows side until I get back to school with the rest of my mac mini disks.

11. njaremka macrumors 6502

can you borrow a keyboard from your neighbor?

12. seubjoh thread starter macrumors newbie

I was able to torrent a bootcamp 3.0 installation, install, set boot to mac osx, and then delete the partition. What a nightmare, this consumed my entire night and morning. Thanks for all the help everyone, hopefully when I get back to school I can get a a partition working with all my disks there.