Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebattosai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Hi. I'm new to the boards and i'm having a huge problem but i really dont know what else to do.

Everytime i start my white 13" macbook, it boots into boot camp, that is, windows. however, when i hold the option key down and chose my mac installation, the apple logo comes up and the loading indication (the spinning circle thing) is displayed under it for about 30 secs, then it just restarts.

i have tried using the OSX installation disc and the disk utility to repair the partition but then it keeps getting an error. and i also try to mount the drive but that fails also. I can load into windows xp perfectly fine and i have downloaded some recovery software that runs from windows to retrieve mac files from corrupted partitions. and the software works.

I have tried single user mode and safe mode but the same thing happens as when i try to boot into OS X.

I also have tried disk warrior but every time i try to boot from it, the same thing happens as when i try to boot from my mac installation and it just restarts.

Any ideas? i really dont have any of my software installation cd's and would really prefer not installing a clean version of OS X as i have had to do that before.

Any method of repairing it?

Jongewehr

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2009
did this happen just after you installed bootcamp.windows or have you been using bootcamp for a while?

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
If you have Time Machine enabled, boot the OSX install CD and restore from a backup. If you don't have Time Machine enabled, learn from your mistake.

Also, it'd help to know what error it's giving you. Also hold CMD+V when you boot up and take a photo of the error messages.

thebattosai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
sadly no i do not have time machine enabled.

i tried the cmd+v thing but no luck.

heres what happens:

I press the power button, i hear the apple sound, press cmd+v but it boots straight into windows. same thing happens if i press shift(for safe mode) or anything else.

Then i turn it off and try again. this time i hold down the option key. and before i select my OSX partition, i hold down cmd+v but then the same thing happens as if i'm not pressing any thing: the apple logo is displayed, then a loading indicator comes beneath it and it then it stays like that for about 30 seconds then restarts automatically.

So i cant say my error messages. Once again, i'm typing on this forum from my windows installation in boot camp on the same computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.