Cannot Burn CDs- TRIED EVERYTHING!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kkisber, Apr 9, 2008.

1. kkisber macrumors newbie

Before I lug this thing to the Apple store, I was wondering if anyone could possibly help. I have an iBook G4 and rarely have problems with it. But a couple days ago, I tried backing up some pictures to a CD-R and my computer scanned it, but then "spit" it back out. It also made a really high-pitched noise- kind of sounded like a loud fly. Today, I went and bought a lens cleaner disc, ran it, and it did nothing. I have deleted many items, so I think I have enough disc space.

Please help! I'm a student and don't need/want to spend money!!

2. khunsanook macrumors 6502

khunsanook

well, I'm sure if you've had the ibook for awhile you'd notice any "new" noises from the optical drive. However, on my MacBook I do get a sort of buzzing noise when the drive has trouble reading certain CDs/DVDs. Are you using a different brand of CD media by chance? First, try a different brand and if you continue having probs, then maybe a trip to the Apple shop is in order.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Try a different brand of CD-R, if it's spitting out the disk that just means that it can't read the disk. It sounds like it's able to run the lens cleaner disk, so you might look at that other disk and make sure it is not scratched or damaged. :confused:

4. Uoila macrumors member

Thats good advice. Try a different brand of media it really does make a difference sometimes. Every time i have tried to use "Dynex" blank media i have problems. The cd will spin up and make an awful vibration sound. I can only assume that the low quality media isn't balanced properly.