Cannot change Auto-Lock setting on iPhone4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by THE dAY, Aug 5, 2010.

1. THE dAY macrumors 6502

iPhone 4 on 4.0.1 jailbroken

I have Auto-Lock set to 1 minute and tried to change to Never since I was going to use cyberduck and didn't want to keep waking up the phone.

Well the phone went to sleep after one minute and when I went into settings again to check it wouldn't load the page.

Had to respring the phone and setting was back to normal except Auto-Lock was set back to 1 minute.

I tried againg with same consequences.

BTW, i just updated to MobileSubstrate 0.9.3228-1

Can someone else check to see if they can change their Auto-lock time on their iPhone 4.

Thanks!

2. hoogen macrumors regular

hoogen

have you done a hard reset (hold power and home button untill the phone turns off, the turn phone back on)

3. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

I also have a iPhone4 with 4.01, autolock works fine.

4. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Do you have a corporate MS Exchange account on your phone? Just one thing that can affect that setting.

5. THE dAY thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you all for the quick replies.

It seems as though the hard reset fixed the issue.

Thanks again!

6. hoogen macrumors regular

hoogen

i was thinking the same thing but when you have a corporate ms exchange/some school emails, it takes away the "never auto lock" option completely, as in its not listed. im thinking its a glitch because of the fact that the page didnt load at one point. yet again it could be a bug on ios4 that we dont know of yet

7. hoogen macrumors regular

hoogen

glad i could help, a hard reset is a good thing to try whenever your phone is acting funny/unusual

8. zelaya macrumors 6502

I've spend about an hour trying to figure out why I don't see the never option in the auto lock. I tried the hard reset and I was not lucky. I deleted my exchange email and I saw the "never" option again. I will have to install the exchange again and will have to deal with 5 minutes as my max..