Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwzimm

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2017
Hey all,

I was getting everything set up on my new Series 4 when I ran into a weird issue. In the "Sounds & Haptics" menu of the Watch App I try to change the Haptic Strength setting slider bar. It seems like it takes and the watch will vibrate but after a couple seconds the bar reverts back to the lowest setting again. It is like the watch is refusing to accept the setting. Anyone else experience this?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Did you try and adjust it? It is a slider adjustment and will move but just doesn't seem to stick for very long.

It is not really a slider. Under your watch app, going to Sound and Haptics, there is a switch to turn on haptics and just below you want to click on Prominent. You watch should make a single click or pop.

jwzimm

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2017
I am talking about the Watch App on my iPhone, not in the watch settings. Using the App on the phone is a lot easier to make adjustments on.

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 375

WMU328

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
I am talking about the Watch App on my iPhone, not in the watch settings. Using the App on the phone is a lot easier to make adjustments on.
I dont see that on my app. I only have the choice of default or prominent feedback...

jwzimm

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2017
I dont see that on my app. I only have the choice of default or prominent feedback...
Weird, I made it disappear. I was thinking it might have something to do with having my Series 2 paired as well so I switched to it to see if it had that setting. It did not so I switch back to my Series 4 and now that slider is gone. Odd glitch...

jwzimm

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2017
This switching back and forth is maybe causing the setting to not stick?

Anyway best of luck!
No, it would literally jump back to the minimum setting right in front of my eyes after a few seconds with no input from me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.