Cannot change security question.

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by UnDholly, Jul 23, 2016.

1. UnDholly macrumors newbie

Hello I have problem.
    I forgot my security question and now I try change this also I want make 2 step verification ...
    So when I try change I need type 2 security answer (which I forgot)... so after few mistakes I get window
    "Too many incorrect verification attempts"
    And when I try "USe Rescue Email Adress" This LINK not active!!!
    I already use Google chrome, Safari, try from my iPhone but nothing help.. This button not active. What can I do ?
    many thanks for help

2. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Do you have a credit card associated with the account?

3. UnDholly thread starter macrumors newbie

Debit card. Why this important ?

4. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Well I had this issue once with my daughters account I was able to call into apple support. They used the card associated with the account to help me. It was a way to verify it was me, and was able to help me out.

5. Tech198 macrumors G4

With a bit of work u can always get Apple to reset them in almost all cases....You'll need to own a second Apple device since they send a code to then they ask you to verify it by reading it back to them.

This is a last resort. Usually providing "correct" info, which you should have on the account would help as well, so the above is not always needed.