Cannot change springboard background.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by deftonez99, Mar 8, 2010.

1. deftonez99 macrumors newbie

I would like some technical advice on an issue I am having with my iphone 3g (3.0, jailbroken w/ cydia). For some reason my springboard background remains black, I cannot for the life of me change it. For instance if I download a springboard theme with a custom background, everything will change except for the springboard background, it remains black. So if anyone has some input or knows how to fix it, I would greatly appreciate it.

I also spent 20+ min searching through past posts about my issue. Obviously i didnt find anything that could help me. I really want utilize the amazing springboard themes cydia has. Last resort i guess would be to wipe out my phone and start from the beginning.

2. philstone macrumors 6502

Do you have User Background ticked under Winterboard?

3. deftonez99 thread starter macrumors newbie

no, i do not have, "user background" on my winterboard. I do have user walpaper and user lock background. Not sure if, "user background" is the same as either one of those. I have also tried to toggle each onr of thosr backgroud options that i have on/off, which did not help.

4. philstone macrumors 6502

Sorry yeah, meant User Wallpaper...

Have you checked the order in Winterboard? Try moving user wallpaper and lock background to the top and see if you still have the black background...

5. deftonez99 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, I did that, and even rebooted my device, which did not work.
    I even activated each item together and separately, which did not work.

I have also removed winterboard and reinstalled it.

Any other suggestions?

6. ValeKi macrumors newbie

ValeKi

Have you solved it??
    I'm having the same problem right now and I've done pretty much the same as you, and I've also tried to find a solution with SSH, but nothing seems to work :/