Cannot comment on blogs, websites all of a sudden

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Seb742, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Seb742 macrumors newbie

As of this week new comments that I leave on blogs and websites no longer show up. I have contacted the owners and my comments are not being caught by their spam catchers or anything like that and they are just as puzzled. I have been a regular contributor to some of these sites for nearly a year. I have tried resetting cookies and I have searched Google, but all to no avail. Can anyone please assist me? I have an iMac G5 running Leopard.
    Thanks,
    Seb

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Try using Chrome or Firefox instead. Might be a Safari issue.

3. Seb742 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cannot post comment on blogs or websites

I beleive that Chrome will only run on an intel Mac, I have a G5. I have tried firefox and still get the same results. That is, I am unable to post comments. I can fill in the comment form, but when I submit it the comment does not appear. Anyone else have any suggestions for me? Thanks Seb

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

It seems like your web browser can't submit the forms those sites use, but just to be sure you could do these two experiments:

1. If you submit a comment using someone else's computer, does it show up?

2. If you submit a comment on your G5 and it doesn't show up for you, does it show up when you look at the site from someone else's computer?

5. Seb742 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but i have tried that as well. I can post from another computer, but my comments don't show up on any computer if I submit them from mine. No odea wht is going on.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant