Cannot completely remove program. HELP!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by noob5000, Jun 28, 2011.

1. noob5000 macrumors newbie

Hi, I am trying to install some software and I managed to mess it up first time round by skipping a step. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software many times in an attempt to try and regain access to this screen I saw first time round, but the screen is bypassed every time. Clearly somewhere my initial choice to skip this screen has been loggd, and this log is not being deleted when I try to remove the software.

These are the software locations I know about:

Library/Application Support
    Library/Receipts
    Users/Library/Preferences

If anyone has any suggestions of other places where this 'log' might be lurking then Im all ears as I cannot use the software until I get past this!

Also, since the software is not a typical application (it is a VST), it does not have an application logo which means I cannot use a third party program to help me completely uninstall it.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. noob5000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately I have already been doing this process and I still find it has remembered my initial choice.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What's the name of the app?

5. noob5000, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011

noob5000 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

So using the techniques in the link I posted, you've searched for all occurrences of the word "Trilian", as well as other files created at the same time you installed it?

7. noob5000 thread starter macrumors newbie