Cannot connect iPod to Extreme station

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by powerbuddy, Jul 1, 2007.

1. powerbuddy macrumors 6502

I just got my extreme base station(n) , I set it up and all that. The internet works fine. However; when i tried connecting my iPod to the USB of the extreme station and my Macbook doesn't recognize it...there is no indication the iPod is connected. The iPod charges though. I plan to use the iPod as a secondary disk and also to stream files to it wireless. What am I doing wrong?

2. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

Did you enable disk use on your iPod? I don't have an AEBS to test with, but it's possible that it's not compatible with an iPod as a hard disk drive.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

is the iPod set for disk use? and if you are trying to sync it wirelesly, I'm not sure that you can do that.

4. powerbuddy thread starter macrumors 6502

5. powerbuddy thread starter macrumors 6502

The Airport utility shows the disk connected. However; I cannot access it on my Mac :(

Attached Files:

6. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Perhaps it's because it's an iPod? You can't really get to it across airport 'cause it's an iPod, not an external HD. You could just get an external HD the size of an iPod... if they even make them that small in capacity. I'm pretty sure the iPod has to go directly into the computer.

7. powerbuddy thread starter macrumors 6502

I called up the support rep and you can connect the iPod to act as a disk. Btw, do you know how much does a external cost around for 100 gigs?

8. saxman macrumors 6502