cannot connect isight camera with windows xp

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hdean, Jul 14, 2009.

1. hdean macrumors member

i have recently installed windows xp on my mac using vmware fusion. i would like to know how to connect isight camera with windows xp partition.

2. madog macrumors 65816

madog

I imagined at first that you had an external iSight camera..... but I don't know if any Intel's didn't have a camera....

Any-who, if Fusion didn't do it automatically, make sure the VMWare Tools have been installed. Check the menus for that option while VMWare is running for that option (it might only say "uninstall" if they are currently installed).

After that, I would imagine it acts as a USB device (only one OS can use it at a time,), which involves going into the devices section (again, check the menus, I'm not at my machine to look), and make sure you have checked/selected the iSight camera.

Windows should then start beeping and booping and displaying some informative bubbles to signify that a device has been plugged in, just in case some evil gnomes were sneaking around behind your machine and plugging things in without your knowledge.

3. MTI macrumors 65816

There used to be a "bounty" for the first software hack that would get an external iSight camera (firewire) fully working (audio and visual) with Windows . . . nobody ever collected the bounty it seems.