CANNOT connect my T1i to Macbook AIR

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by usgine2003, Aug 31, 2011.

1. usgine2003 macrumors newbie

Hello there,
    I just bought a new 11' Macbook AIR and when I connect my T1i nothing happens...

iPhoto should be able to detect the camera, right?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Do you have the latest drivers installed on the Mac?

3. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

It doesn't need any drivers though, it has always worked fine for me without them.

Are you plugging it in through USB or an SD card reader? If USB, are you sure the camera is turned on?

4. duncanapple macrumors 6502

... and switched to "P" mode? Just eliminating the low hanging problems first. I also agree make sure iphoto is all up to date through the software update, though I am pretty sure the Ti1 predates your AIR by quite a bit. The RAW support should be there right out of the box.

5. emorydunn macrumors 6502

emorydunn

Have you tried opening Image Capture? That will help determine if it's an iPhoto problem or something else? Try another computer as well (if possible).

Finally, use a card reader. They're usually a bit faster (in my experience) and are much easier since it's plug-and-play instead of messing around with getting the camera into just the right mode (have you tried playback mode?).

6. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Is this computer running Lion? If so go into the Utilities folder and run the Java Preferences app. If there is no Java Runtime it will tell you so and give you the option to install it. Lack of a default install of Java Runtime causes lots of problems under Lion.

Dale

7. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

8. thekb macrumors 6502a

When my wife connects my 50D to her white MacBook via USB cable, it takes several minutes before it registers. Especially if the CF card is full.

She initially thought it wasn't working too, but then left it for 3 or 4 minutes and it eventually recognized the camera and offered to download the pictures. Plug it in, turn it on and wait a few minutes.