Cannot connect to any cloud based services...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zebedee99, Sep 26, 2015.

1. zebedee99 macrumors newbie

New to these forums, but I'm really stumped and could use some help. I'm running a mid 2011 27" iMac, OSX 10.9.5... and for the last couple of days I have not been able to connect to any cloud based services - Adobe CC, Dropbox, Google Drive etc that are on the menu bar (icons are greyed out), nor does the App Store connect - no error message there, just a blank App Store template window...
    • Browsers are working fine and I can connect to the web based interfaces of these apps (ie I can login to my Dropbox account and see my folders via Chrome).
    • My Macbook Pro on the same wifi connection and network is working fine.
    • An older version of OSX on another internal drive also works fine if I boot up with that.
    • Another user on this version of OSX also cannot connect to these services.
    • I have reset the modem / router. I have restarted the iMac about 9 times.
    • I haven't changed any network settings that I'm aware of.
    • I tried restoring with Time Machine to a couple of days ago, but then discovered it is still pointing at the old version of OSX on the other internal drive - doh!
    Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jake

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Is there a firewall on your computer or network?

3. zebedee99 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, no firewall and no anti virus software

4. zebedee99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Booting in Safe Mode does not make any difference...

5. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Does the Console write anything useful when your cloud services try to connect? You can try and quit them, and then start them up.

6. zebedee99 thread starter macrumors newbie

For Adobe Creative Cloud after restart, I'm getting tons of messages that say:

• "configd: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect ()-> No of tries: 3" etc
    • "configd: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect () failed Socket:9 Err:-1 Errno:2 No such file or directory" (also Socket:12)
    • "configd: DNSServiceCreateConnection(&dnsMain) failed, error = -65563
    I have no idea what any of that means. I would send a screenshot but screenshots save to dropbox and that won't sync, soI'm not getting any of them...

7. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Based on that I would guess your DNS is giving you issues, so your ISP may be blocking them or just having issues. Try changing your DNS to Googles (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

8. zebedee99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I did that yesterday. I thought they were already the Google DNS settings but when I checked them (yesterday) the DNS fields were populated with my router address (192.168.1.1) which was weird, but I changed them and it hasn't made any difference...