Cannot connect to certain sites

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wvuwhat, Feb 9, 2010.

1. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Up until yesterday safari/firefox were working perfectly. This morning I find that I can't access engadget, ebay, facebook or apple. I'm sure they're other sites, but these are the ones I checked. I can get ESPN in a text only version, this seems to be one of the only sites that I can actually access. I deleted Safari and tried to go to Apple to download it, only to find that it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Safari is built-in to Mac OS X and thus isnt a download from Apple. Have you tried downloading another browser, such as Camino, just to see if that works (Camino is my favourite browser). However that behaviour is actually really quite weird :S

3. wvuwhat thread starter macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

I have tried on Firefox. Just downloaded Chrome, same issue. I had deleted safari from my computer in hopes of "resetting" it, that's why I can't get it back downloaded, because it's not letting me on apple.com, even if I search through google and click their link.

4. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

Maybe a dns issue instead of a browser issue?--maybe you should test a different dns service such as OpenDNS or Google DNS to see if you can access those sites that way.

5. wvuwhat thread starter macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Thank you, switching to Google DNS worked.

6. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca