Cannot Connect to Internet

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Kerf, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Kerf macrumors newbie

Kerf

Hey, I seem to be having an issue with my entire network, it doesn't work on any devices including:Imac, Mac Book Pro, and iPod touch. I am not able to connect to the internet. So the first thing I tried was shutting down the modem for around a minute and then restarting it, that didn't work. Next, I unplugged my router and my modem and did the same, once' again didn't work. The modem shows it is connected to the internet, and all the lights on the router are blue (good). I tried testing Mail to see if I could receive emails, negative. Then I tried directly plugging in my ethernet cable and went through PPoE (I have AT&T) and had some success but I was only sending packets, I wasn't receiving any. So now I'm here looking for help posting from my phone tethered to my laptop. :confused:

Router: Belkin N+
    Modem: SpeedStream 5100
    ISP: AT&T

2. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

Does the router get an external IP address from your ISP's modem? That's the first step...usually routers have a "Status" tab or section where you can see this information...It should be labeled as WAN or External IP address...

Cheers.

-J.-

3. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Did you give your cable company a call? Maybe something is wrong on their end and all the work you are doing is just a waste of time. Sometimes they'll even leave a message on their line about problems and you won't even have to wait to talk to an operator.