"Cannot connect to iTunes Store"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mszpara, Sep 24, 2010.

1. mszpara macrumors regular

Sup guys,
    I was browsing the app store and found a random app to get, I try to download but I get prompted that iTunes Terms & Conditions Have Changed. Ok that's fine, I press OK so that I can accept the new terms, but when the App store comes back up it keeps telline me "Cannot connect to iTunes Store"

There doesn't seem to be a way around this. A colleague of mine is telling me his is doing the same thing. Can anyone advise something we can try? Is there a different way around this? Did anyone else have problems with this today/yesterday? (not sure when exactly the Terms changed).

thanks!

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I updated an app this morning and I was prompted with the new Terms, but as soon as I press OK, I continued to update the app without any issues.

You might want to try to turn your phone off, then turn it back on and try again.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

That was my thought
    Sometimes it just gets hung up and needs a little whack on the side so to speak

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Apple has been having allot of problems lately. A few nights ago I was getting this same error on three iPhones and my computer. Today it happened on three iPhones and my computer again.

Hopefully they figure it out.

5. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

It took numerous tries to download updates--finally managed to connect with out the 5555 error and got the new agreement--and then was able to download the updates. Same error trying to access my account too.

6. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Yes. It's not the phone that needs resetting, it's a problem on Apples end.

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

That could be true too
    I had a problem with my credit card being rejected on two cards
    Had to send them a note about it to get it fixed

8. Resist macrumors 68030

Seems like lately when I open the App Store app to check for updates, I initially get a "Cannot Connect to the App Store" message. This doesn't happen all the time, but happens enough to be annoying.

9. jennatx macrumors newbie

RE: Cannot connect to itunes store

I'm a newbie, just got an iPhone 4 last month (I love it BTW), but have now traveled to an area where ATT coverage is practically nonexistant. I do, however, have good wifi and can send and receive e-mail, access the web, and run apps via wifi. But when I try to launch the Apps Store, it takes forever, and eventually says "cannot connect to the Itunes store". It's obviously wasting it's time attempting to connect via ATT 3G, which as I said is not available here, instead of just using the wifi connection. Is this an Apple "feature", or is there some configuration that I've overlooked? Seems to me that the App Store could just as easily be accessed via wifi internet (just as it does on a PC) as it could via 3G. Any thoughts on this?