Cannot connect to iTunes store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcorbin, Feb 10, 2012.

1. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

Just got a new 4s today and for whatever reason about 75% of the time the app store and iTunes won't connect. Says "cannot connect to iTunes store" it happens if I'm in the process of downloading an app or song and then try to reopen the store.
    Also if I open the app store and it loads. Then if I open it right after closing it I get the same message. I've checked my payment info, changed my iTunes password, reset all settings (not content cuz there is barely anything on here and it happened before I downloaded anything)

I don't have the ability to back it up and restore with a computer. It was set up as a new phone and not restored from iCloud

2. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did a restore on my wife's computer and it works fine now

3. alesley03 macrumors newbie

"Cannot Connect to iTunes Store"

My boss has come to me with the same problem on his iPhone. Nearly every time he opens the App Store, it gives him the error message "Cannot connect to iTunes store" and very rarely will it ever let him thru. I know I've had this happen a handful of times but not very often. In most instances, I just waited until later and tried again so it worked. I'm not sure what could be causing his to say this almost every time. Any suggestions on what could be going wrong?