Cannot connect to iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MrMinor, Jul 21, 2010.

1. MrMinor macrumors 6502

My mother has a 3GS. She keeps getting a message that says she cannot connect to iTunes. She is putting in the correct PW. She tried calling Apple, but they wanted to charge her for a phone call. She tried emailing them, but the response she got did not help her situation and the rep said it was outside of her area of expertise and that was all the help she gave. Any ideas why she keeps getting this message and how to get rid of it so she can connect?

2. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Can you give us a little more info.

What type of computer. What os on the phone and computer, etc.

What exactly is the error message. Is this a new phone for her?

3. MrMinor thread starter macrumors 6502

She is using a PC. The phone is running iOS 4. i believe the exact error message is "cannot connect to Itunes Store". This happens anytime she hits the app store icon on her phone. She has had this phone for over a year I believe. The problem is just recent though.

4. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Oh, i see. I thought it was a problem connecting to itunes on the computer.

Has she rebooted the phone?

If she clicks on the itunes icon does the same thing happen? Did this start after the update to ios4?

5. MrMinor thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah she has tried rebooting with no luck. I am not sure about the iTunes app. I will have her check that. This was happening before she updated the OS.

6. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Can she get to her itunes account on her computer?

Have her go into the iphone settings and then to "store" and then click account to see what happens. If that doesn't do anything she can click "sign out" after going to "store" and then try signing back in.

7. MrMinor thread starter macrumors 6502

8. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Have her go into the iphone settings and then to "store" and then click account to see what happens. If that doesn't do anything she can click "sign out" after going to "store" and then try signing back in.

9. MrMinor thread starter macrumors 6502