Cannot connect to Windows SMB shares after sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jablko, Apr 8, 2010.

1. jablko macrumors member

After my MBP has hibernated, I cannot connect to my SMB shares on my Win7 media center. I can relaunch finder, turn airport on and off, etc, but it will not connect to the server until after I restart the computer. It sees the Win7 box in Finder and lists it under "Shared," but even though I have a button for "Connect As," pressing it does no good. Finder just says "Connecting" and will never get any farther.

If I use the "connect to server" dialogue in finder rather than the shared list in the sidebar, the effect is the same, it come up with a "connecting" message that never succeeds and I cannot close.

This is very frustrating, and while I did find someone else reporting the same problem on another site, no one answered their inquiry. I'm hoping the experts here can help a bit more.

The computer is a late 2007 MBP running 10.6. Its connecting wirelessly to an Airport Extreme, and the Win7 box has a wired connection to the Airport Extreme. Since it will reconnect just fine after a reboot, I'm certain the problem is with the MBP, and not the server or the router.

Anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

2. zormic macrumors newbie

I have identical issue, IDENTICAL. If you have found solution, please share it with me...

Thanx

P.S.
    I do too have MBP late 2007...

3. Psimon macrumors newbie

Possible solution

I was having the same problem (could not reconnect to my network server after sleep) but think I have found a solution. So far I have put my Macbook to sleep about 6 times and I can still reconnect to my network servers.
    I found the solution here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=518958

Here it is:

1. Open network preferences from your WiFi icon in the menu bar. Then click advanced. Delete the network that is giving you problems.

2. Open Keychain in the utilities folder of your hard drive. Find the passwords that are stored for your particular network and delete them. There may be multiple passwords for your network, so search carefully.

3. Repair permissions using the disk utility.

4. Reboot the computer.

5. Reenter your network data to log into the network.

Good luck!