Cannot connect to wireless network

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mac-man-, Sep 21, 2011.

1. mac-man-, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011

mac-man- macrumors newbie

Hey!

I'm using windows 7 via bootcamp on my Macbook Pro 13" and I'm unable to connect to our WPA2 secured network. I managed to connect to an another WPA2 secured network at my mate's but at my home I can detect my network but cannot connect to it. I had windows XP also installed like 6 months ago and back then the wireless worked perfectly I was using D-link though. Now I bought a Telewell-EA501 ADSL modem. The troubleshoot gives me a wall of text but I spotted few error codes in there:0x00028002 and 0x0003800b

I would appreciate any help, I've been struggling to find a fix to it for a week. Thanks in advance!

2. Brunchies macrumors newbie

I have the same problem

I have the same problem on my mac to but when I posted in this forum no one helped me. I have to ask, did you install bootcamp through lion using lions drivers cause that could be one problem. Windows recognizes my router but it cant connect or display a name and I also have a dlink router. It's weird because it picks up my neighbors but not mine. Anyway the best piece of advice I can give is to reinstall the brodacom drivers or just all the drivers in general and hope for the best. Its been bugging me for months and the only reason windows gets used is for offline games.

3. mac-man- thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have lion yet because I've heard that its buggy. I installed the drivers from Snow Leopard dvd but the dvd wasn't for this computer though. It was for Macbook pro 15" and this is 13" I don't know if it matters. I have also tried uninstalling and installing the drivers again but I'm not 100% sure if I did it correctly. And I see my network and our neighbors networks on the list but my network wouldn't be visible if I hadn't filled its information to the connection list myself meaning that I wouldn't find the network if I didn't know it was there.