"Cannot connect to YouTube"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bunit, Jul 27, 2009.

1. bunit macrumors regular

bunit

I have not used YouTube on my iPhone 3G for a while. But when I try to use it now it just says "Cannot connect to YouTube". Anyone else have this problem? Any way to fix it?:confused:

2. FXT 1 macrumors 6502

I occasionally receive this annoying notification. Usually a simple exit and re-opening of the app works. Does it occur repeatedly?

3. bunit thread starter macrumors regular

bunit

Its been happening every time I try to open YouTube for the past 2 days.

4. FXT 1 macrumors 6502

Have you tried all the usual software bug remedies? Such as a restart? Perhaps a full restore without use of a past backup?

Have you considered it might be a problem with your internet connection? Might I suggest trying your iPhone on a different Wi-Fi or cellular network.

5. bunit thread starter macrumors regular

bunit

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Just did a complete restore and now YouTube is working ok. Thanks people.

6. A2-Mac-Guy macrumors newbie

While we're on the YouTube topic...

What's the deal with YouTube downloads that stop 3/4 of the way through a download via Wifi. I've tried to dl the same videos on several networks and even on other iPhones at the apple store and they always freeze during the dl.
    It's happens on longer videos mostly.

7. nickrinaldi macrumors regular

i have a similar problem

the last 2 days my youtube app on my iphone, while i can view the videos, it refuses to keep my logged in, if i want to view my favorites or my videos i have to login my sn and pw everytime, its so annoying. before it had me logged in all the time, what happend.

8. iNoob3 macrumors member