Cannot Copy And Paste Anymore

Discussion in 'macOS' started by skate71290, Mar 18, 2010.

1. skate71290 macrumors 6502a

I am getting really pissed off with Mac OS X now... freezing frequently, VLC jumps all the time, loading is slow, and no it's not my iMac (@2.66GHZ) as it run fine with Leopard, but has anyone just suddenly lost the ability to Copy and Paste? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

....and if the former, in what Application(s)?

And anger is not going to fix it. Let's take a calm, analytical approach, shall we?

4. skate71290 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i know, but recently Apple have been very disappointing... everything just seems to be worse than Windows

it is basically system wide and i mean copying text, copying files is perfectly fine, just wondering why :) thanks for your help :)

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Now you're exaggerating. That won't help either! ;)

Since it's system-wide, I'd suggest that you log in under a different user account and see if you get copy & paste back. Looking forward to your optimistic reply... :)

6. skate71290 thread starter macrumors 6502a

genius, how did you know that would work? it's all sorted now but do you know why it happened?

and the funny thing is, no i'm not exaggerating, i know that Safari problems are out of Apple's control, but i have posted a huge reply on 10.6.3 post and it lists everything i experience that doesn't happen in Windows... nor did it happen in Leopard lol :D 10.6.3 hurry up and fix my Apple stuff :)

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603

No, I don't know why it happened. Glad the new account fixes it. Don't throw out the old account until you've transferred stuff to the new one, but the old one is hosed. Mac Help has some good info on setting up a new account.

The funny thing is, many people have no problems whatsoever. Most problems, truthfully, are user created. It might be software you install, or a whole host of other things.

8. skate71290 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i didn't make a new account i just logged off, then onto the Guest account, back off, then onto my normal account and it's fine... and Exposé has fixed itself as well :)

9. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Cool. I'll have to add that to my arsenal of suggestions for future troubleshooting. :apple: