Cannot copy and paste

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Hammie, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I did a search and came up with no results, but I can't believe that I am the only person to have this issue.

I have a Mac Mini that I purchased new early 2010. I just notice this past weekend that my copy and paste as well as drag and drop stopped working.

I have been ripping a bunch of DVD's using handbrake, updating meta tags in Meta X, and then importing them to iTunes.

I first noticed the drag and drop when I tried to move files from a ripped folder to an imported folder after getting them successfully into iTunes. The copy and paste issue was when I was trying to populate some description fields in Meta X with information I copied from IMDB or Amazon to give a brief description of the movie. In both cases, nothing happened.

I'm not sure where to go with this. I have not called Apple Support and the nearest Apple Store is over an hour away.

Any thoughts?

BTW, I am running the current OS and all software is up to date with the current version.

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Maybe iTunes has the keep the library organized setting on?

3. Hammie thread starter macrumors 65816

Hammie

It is not iTunes exclusive. Copy and paste doesn't work in OpenOffice, Safari, Chrome, Pages, etc.

And the Drag and Drop is not within the iTunes folder. I cannot move files to iDisk, nor can I drag file to the Trash.

4. annewilson macrumors newbie

hi

I think you should change setting, after that it will not working then you should consult with customer care.