Cannot deactivate "Find my iPhone". Cannot erase iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by lancastor, Aug 27, 2013.

1. lancastor, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013

lancastor macrumors 6502a

edit: I have found a solution: Log into www.cloud.com. Goto "Find My iPhone" and wipe the device.

I cannot sell my iPhone 5 (iOS7 beta 6), because I cannot turn off "Find My iPhone".

I want to do a downgrade, but when I try do deactive "Find My iPhone" in the settings a error message appears. I cannot flash a firmware cause iTunes says I musst deactivate "Find My iPhone".

Also a reset of my iPhone to factory settings is impossible. An error message appers that a reset isn't possible cause of iCloud.

My iPhone 5 seems to be bricked it I cannot sell it, because I cannot untie my iCloud account from the device. :(

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

3. pottyvick macrumors regular

Have you tried DFU restore? You will have to enter your icloud credentials before it activates though

4. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

That doesn't remove the lock. In fact that is a major reason the whole thing exists. If you wipe it via iCloud.com it is likely lost or stolen

You need to either reactive the phone, set it up as new and try to remove your iCloud again or hit developer support for help with whether there is a way to emote it remotely

5. mostlydave macrumors regular

It sounds like activation lock is doing exactly what it is supposed to.

6. lancastor thread starter macrumors 6502a

It has removed the lock. I was able to downgrade to iOS6 and I can sell the phone now.

I think it's a temporally issue with iCloud that "Finy my iPhone" cannot disabled in the settings on my phone.

7. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

You may have been able to load iOS 6 but are you certain the lock is removed. There have been plenty of reports from folks that did the same downgrade only to have it ask for their iCloud details when it got to that first activation screen (which comes after you pick language and country).

8. Am3r1ca16 macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

9. rxhunt macrumors newbie

Mini IPad still in pending erase - can't restore

I forgot the password on my IPAD Mini. After trying to restore from a prior backup with out any luck... (the error msg said could not restore due to passcode lock and find my phone app on...) so the only alternative appeared to be to erase all data via the iCloud. The status is still in pending, many hours later.

In searching this board it appears that is because the iPad mini is off line. How can it be on line if it can't connect to wifi, which it can't do until the password is entered. This is ridiculous. Does it mean if an IPad doesn't have a data plan, but only Wi-fi, the erase function will never work?

How do I get back to a reset state so I can use this thing?

10. I7guy macrumors G5

Hi, if you disabled iCloud activation do a search for iPhone DFU restore. You will lose all iPad mini data, but that is the only way.

11. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Contact Apple, they'll be able to help.