Cannot deiced if I want to purchase a limited edition xbox 360.

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by TheShinyMac, Sep 19, 2009.

1. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

I love the LE MW2 edition of the xbox 360. I really want one. I figure I can sell my white one and then save up till November and then I will have enough. My main concern is Microsoft releasing a new console right after I get the Limited edition one. Is that likely? And what if i get the rrod, will I get some cheap white one when I send it in? Thanks so much for reading and what are your thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Well ask yourself, does it play the games better, run cooler and quieter or have any extra features other than a different paint job and some stickers.
    If the answer is no then ask yourself if it is worth replacing your perfectly fine Xbox 360 with this one just for the sake of the look of the thing.

3. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Well, it does have HDMI, which my current xbox lacks, and my family will soon be buying a new tv so hdmi is a plus. And ya it probably runs cooler. Anyone else have any suggestions?

4. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

5. MRU Suspended

MRU

Wow that was helpful to the OP :rolleyes:

Personally I think the MW2 360 looks tacky, but that's my own opinion. If I was going to get a 360 I'd go for a standard Elite and what bonus extra's the store would through in to sweeten the deal.

However you seem to have made up your mind really anyway. The new machine will undoubtably be a JASPER unit and run a heck of a lot cooler and quieter than your current model. The 250GB HDD would be handy indeed for installing all your games to the NXE and make your machine quicker/cooler/quieter again.

HDMI is a nice addition, and if your new TV has that connection then that is a bonus.

Regardless.... Enjoy.

6. Orpheo macrumors newbie

i say dont get it, i think the hdmi is not worth the saving, but that's to me...
    about the odds of microsoft realeasing a new console... i would say it's not likely but it could happen. If u like statistics there arent many but the xbox was released on 2001 and the 360 in 2005 that's 4 years in between, and from 05 to 09 there are 4 years O:
    well i say do w/e u please but i wouldnt get it since i think hdm is not worth 2 months saving and u could just ask a someone to paint urs if u like the design :p