Cannot delete calendar?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Ruffian829, Jun 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ruffian829 macrumors 6502

I have a calendar listed under my "iCloud" calendars in the native iCal app that I cannot delete (or share with anyone for that matter). I attempted to share it with my husband but when that wasn't an option I decided to make a new one and delete the non-shareable one and now I can't delete it. It is not a subscribed or shared calendar.

When I click the "i" next to the calendar name the only options I have are the edit the name of the calendar and the color. There are no other settings I can change and no "delete calendar" option.

Any insight?

Attached Files:

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Do you guys use iCloud Family Sharing?

3. Ruffian829 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think so. I tried to add my husband on the family sharing but he never saw/accepted it so it says "invitation expired."

4. abrahamw88 macrumors member

abrahamw88

If you have tried to use Family Sharing then the Family calendar will automatically be created until you turn off the family sharing feature.

5. Ruffian829 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ohhh... That makes sense I guess. Thank you.

6. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

IF its on you should have a family reminders as well to go with the calendar. If you use Apple Music on the family plan you will need Family Sharing on for that to work too. Generally while its not for everyone family sharing has worked for us. I ignore the family calendar but do use several others that are shared with the family for things like sports schedule. Ive thought about making use of it but have not needed it yet.

7. abrahamw88 macrumors member

abrahamw88

I use family sharing with my wife for the calendar and reminders as well as apple music subscription in the past.